This Man Complained Of A Stomach Ache For Three Years, What They Found In His Body Will Shock You
This man ate himself into the emergency room. This is how he did it.
For most people, you’d probably just ignore a common stomach ache or chalk it up to something you ate.
But when Rajpal Singh, from Bathinda, India, complained of a stomach ache for three years, the 34-year-old decided it might be time to seek some medical attention.
Baffled, doctors couldn’t put their fingers on what was causing him pain, but what he hadn’t old them, however, was that he had an insatiable appetite for metallic foreign objects.
Deciding to come clean after a nine-hour endoscopy, Rajpal revealed that he’d wolfed down 140 coins, 150 needles and a handful of nuts, bolts and batteries over a three year period.
Rajpal said: “I used to gulp down coins and metals with fruit juice or milk. Due to family problems I had slipped into depression and got hooked onto this weird habit.
“Doctors have told me those sharp needles would have punctured my intestine and I would have eventually died. I feel much more relaxed now. I am never going to do this again.”
Dr Gandeep Goyal led a team of five doctors who operated on Rajpal for more than nine hours.
He said: “The patient came to us with severe stomach pain. When we did the endoscopy we were shocked to see so many foreign bodies, including coins and needles in his stomach.
“Though we have managed to remove most of it there are still sharp needles and coins in his stomach.
“His body is too fragile to sustain another operation now so we plan to operate again in about seven days and remove the remaining objects.”