You need the world’s first crisp sandwich cafe in your life!
A Belfast cafe owner has created the newest hipster food trend
1. The niche cafe (or is it niche – because really, everyone likes crisp sandwiches really, don’t they?) sells nothing apart from bread topped with one of the 35 different varieties of crisps, ham, cheese, soup and chips.
2. The Simply Crispy cafe is in the owner’s previous business ‘That Wee Cafe’ on Bedford Street, Belfast. Andrew got the idea from reading a satirical article.
3. The 35 flavours of crisps include Monster Munch, the Irish crisp brand Tayto and also Walkers.
4. On the first day of opening, the cafe sold completely out of crisps! Andrew hopes that people’s childhood nostalgia will drive them to keep coming to the cafe.
5. Sandwiches are served on the traditional white Belfast bap.
6. The sandwiches are served with tomato sauce and chips. Looks pretty damn gooood!!!
Do you have a favourite crisp sandwich recipe? Share it with us in the comments!